Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring Forward



Indeed. I am so ready. I have never felt more ready to move forward, to get on with it, although it does feel like it has come a little early - this false Spring. There are blossoms on the trees, the air is deceptively sweet and soft these late afternoons, and I want to start all my creative projects at once, jump off that precipice into the great, exciting unknown. But I need just a little more quiet time first, a little wool-gathering as they say. Just a few days, or a week at the most, because I am not very good at simply sitting still and listening. Perhaps what is needed is a bit of truth-telling and cleaning of the house, but not necessarily the kind of cleaning where you toss everything away - just rearranging things, so that they might take on a surprising new clarity. It is possible to see the clutter, the lovely mess of your life in a different light - to pick out the little sparkling gems from the gravel, to see them for what they truly are.

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essentially invisible to the eye.

- Antoine de Saint Exupery